Since becoming a small business owner it's opened my eyes how much consumer's support means to an entrepreneur. Going forward on your own is scary, but you do it because it's what you love and having others love what you love only makes it that much sweeter. Since I started Designs by TiffanyCo 3 years ago, I have made it a point to try and shop local/small business whenever I can.
This year I'd like to share the gifts I've bought from small business owners and show how easy and fun it is to have unique gifts and the good feeling knowing you helped someone with their dream!
1. Usborne books. Now I know Usborne as a whole is a big company, but I still feel good about supporting my friend since she's a representative for them and sells their stuff and makes a profit out of it. Same goes for any of those other pyramid companies like LulaRoe, Lip Sense, Mary Kay, etc...
2. The Red Headed Hostess Book of Mormon scripture study guide. I won't be starting this until the new year, but I'm really excited to use it. The founder was a seminary teacher for 13 years, so she really knows what she's talking about and the charts and information will be accurate and useful.
Pink Desert clothing. My cousin owns this online clothing boutique and I was so happy I was able to buy a few things from her. She always has cute, modest clothes and always FREE SHIPPING to the states! And this beanie is everything. I was in dire need of a good beanie.
4. NoriStudio animal keychains/ornaments. This girl is incredible. I made a special request and she gladly filled it out with no additional cost! I would fill my entire tree with these cutie felt animals if I could. The keychain I got also came in the cutest packaging. It was packaged in a tiny box complete with twine wrapped around it with a leaf tag. She also provided a mini card that came with a mini envelope. It's details that get me.
Shine Happy Life bath bombs. Their scents are AH-MAZ-ING! And they've recently released new bombs that look like food. How dope are their donut or pumpkin pie bath bombs?? They're so cute I don't think I would actually use them...
6. Preemie Hats donation or knitted baby/adult hats. Arielle is the founder of this Etsy shop and knits hats to take to the local hospital she works at and gives them to the preemie babies in the NICU. I jumped on board to give a donation of these cute little elf beanies she makes because when I had my baby last year, the hospital gave us a giant stocking we could take her pictures in. It was really special to have Christmas pictures of our surprise Christmas angel (she was due in January, so to have her before Christmas was a surprise) and I can only imagine how special it would be to a parent of a preemie baby to have pictures of their little Christmas angel in an elf hat.
Saturday is Small Business Saturday, so I want you to make it a goal to shop local, shop small business! And I just want to add, have you seen the American Express commercial with Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel promoting Small Business Saturday?? It really is a thing! I love it!
This sign sums up all of my feelings the best:
If that doesn't pump you up to shop small, shop local, I don't know what will! Our economy needs us! It's kinda, like, your American duty to do this.
So I'd like to challenge you to buy 1 Christmas gift from a small business or local company. You can do it! I would LOVE to put a hashtag on this and see what you guys end up buying as you support this cause, but then I guess you'd be spoiling someone's gift if they saw it! I dunno, what do you think? Hashtag or no hashtag?? Tis the season!
Monday, November 21, 2016
And thank you to the 3 friends who entered! It was definitely slim pickin's this year, but all the more chances of winning!
If you thought about entering the giveaway, but didn't, please consider having me do your custom Christmas cards for $25. I wrote a little spiel about it in my last post here. Basically, you're getting more bang for your buck if you have me do them for you. Consider "Christmas cards" on your to-do list done when you have me do them! Just email me at: designsbytiffanyco @ gmail . com and we can get started on yours!
Thursday, November 17, 2016
This is by far my most popular giveaway, so I guess I gotta keep doing it! And it's so fun! This is my passion, designing lovely cards for everyday purposes and I love getting to share it with one lucky person!
I love Christmas hues of red, green, gold and silver, but sometimes I like getting out of those traditional colors! So here I kept the red and green, but went with the lighter values of them instead. So red went to a coral-ish color and green went mint!
I wanted to find mint or coral color envelopes, but my favorite retailer doesn't carry those colors, so I went with the metallic pearlescent peach instead. Not my favorite, but it's different!
Photographer credit goes to: Missy at Xpressions Photography Missy is a Utah photographer and does all of my family photos. She gets booked fast, so book her early!
We don't have our dog yet, but I still wanted to include that special fur ball. But if I have to get really honest, I mostly just wanted to use that dog vector!
I know it's more of a thing now days to just have a Christmas greeting and a family photo, but I really like recaps of the year and what better way than to make it fun with little images and a small amount of text? It's my favorite way to do a recap.
I can give you four reasons why you should choose custom over a big photo printing retailer:
1. You get exactly what you want.
2. No one else will have the same card as you! (One year I had 3 family members with the same exact Christmas card design! Oops!)
3. You'd be supporting a small business which contributes more to the community than a big retailer.
4. You actually end up getting more for your money. Here's how:
For 25 single sided 5"x7" postcards:
Shutterfly: $26.75 (that's with their 40% coupon code!)
Tiny Prints: $68.50
Wal-Greens: $19.99 (set of 20)
25 double sided 5"x7"postcards + your own custom design:
(*I can get them printed cheaper than the top retailers and the price also includes my design fee.)
So there, I did the work for you and now you know you're actually saving money by going custom!
Now onto the giveaway!!
**The winner will win 1 or 2 custom designed digital files for their Christmas card. Winner will need to provide their own pictures and text they want for their card. Winner will need to provide a valid email as they will be notified by email and the design process will take place over email unless winner wants to come to me. Winner will need to cover the card's printing costs.**
Good luck! I'm excited to work for you!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
You can find the full tutorial here.
Monday, November 14, 2016
I've loved expanding my products, but I've decided to give Society 6 a try because they have SO many more products to choose from and they make it easy by printing, shipping, and handling orders for their artists!
Through them I can now offer: pillows, clocks, shower curtains, tote bags, mugs, cards, comforters/duvet, beach towels, throw blankets, travel mugs, rugs, carry-all pouches, and canvas/framed prints. Just go here to find my Society 6 Seller Page!