FREE "Land of the Free" Patriotic Printable Download

by - May 25, 2017

There are many patriotic themes and statements granted to the United States, but I chose to focus on this verse from our national anthem.

When I was in 5th grade there was an art contest held for Veteran's Day and the theme was "What does freedom mean to you?" My brother had recently gone to the Arlington National Cemetery for a  school field trip and told me I should draw the cemetery and answer the question with "Freedom isn't free." I got first place, not because my drawing was the best, but because of the message. The kid who got second drew a way better picture than I did, so I knew it wasn't because of my skills... But the message cuts deep because it rings true. Countless men and women over a span of over 400 years have sacrificed their lives for their country so we can enjoy the life we have now. My heart aches when kids aren't respectful during the national anthem or when people can't quit talking to give 2 minutes of respect to their country's flag.

I know things are bleak now, and frankly, many of us want to move to Canada, but we owe it to those who have painted this country red and given up all they had for the greater good. We owe it to them to celebrate and keep them in our memories.
I hope you enjoy this free printable to remind you of the wonderful country we live in.

For free printable click here.

You May Also Like

0 comments