July 10th is Teddy Bear Picnic Day! + Free printables

by - July 07, 2017

It's the middle of summer and I'm sure by now your kids are bored. The otter pops are gone and the kiddie pool and slip'n slide have holes in them. You have watched Moana for the 100th time. You need more ideas to keep them busy because if you hear one more "Mom! I'm bored!" then you're gonna scream! 
I don't have a compiled list of "100 Things to do During Summer Break," but I do have this: celebrate Teddy Bear Picnic day! July 10th is Teddy Bear Picnic Day and it's a fun little holiday to break the kids out of their summer rut.
Have them gather a blanket and their favorite teddies or stuffed animals, you give them some snacks and they'll play for at least an hour. (Yessss!)

OR

You can invite their friends or playgroup buddies and make it a party! I have these free invitation printables for you to use to help spread the word! Ask the kids to bring a snack to share and it's less work for you on the food prep side of things. 

I've done both ideas. I've kept it simple with just my kiddos and I've made it a playgroup party where the moms got to participate and have some social time as well. 

You May Also Like

0 comments